If you love being pregnant and are finished building your own family, or you just want to give the gift of parenthood to someone who cannot have a child without your help, you may be considering surrogacy.
A Gestational Surrogate becomes pregnant through a procedure called In Vitro Fertilization or IVF, an embryo is placed in the Gestational Surrogate uterus to be nurtured until birth.
There are many myths and common misconceptions about the qualifications needed to become a Surrogate and we’d love to clear those up and help you decide if you’re a good candidate for surrogacy in Alberta. Do you meet the surrogacy requirements below?
Ideal Gestational Surrogates:
- Are between the ages of 21-49
- Live in Canada
- Have given birth previously
- Have a stable residence with no plans to move from Canada
- Have a dedicated support network
- Do not use recreational drugs, tobacco, or abuse alcohol
- Are committed to building a respectful and honest relationship with their Intended Parent(s)
- Are aligned with Alberta Surrogacy’s values and commitment to ethical, inclusive surrogacy
- Are willing to undergo a criminal background check
- Are willing to undergo psychosocial assessment
- Are willing to undergo medical assessments
- Will be committed to following medical protocols
Are you an ideal candidate for surrogacy? If you are interested in giving the gift of parenthood, and you meet the above requirementss for surrogacy, we would love to speak with you. We can help you get a clear image of what the gestational surrogacy process looks like, help you create a profile to be shared with prospective Intended Parents, and assist you every step of the way.
When working with Alberta Surrogacy you can expect to have all of your questions answered with transparency, have ongoing support from knowledgeable professionals, enjoy the connection of our Surrogacy Sisterhood, and participate in annual Surrogate Retreats.
You don’t have to be alone on your surrogacy journey. Connect with Alberta Surrogacy today to get more in depth information about becoming a Surrogate in Alberta. Visit our Gestational Surrogates page to fill out a Surrogacy Interest Form.